The Cloquet Shaw Memorial Library Foundation, Inc
The Cloquet Shaw Memorial Public Library Foundation, Inc. is a 501(c)3 non-profit, tax-exempt foundation organized for the purpose of improving the library services of the Cloquet Public Library. There are many ways in which you may contribute to the Cloquet Public Library. Please contact Beth Sorenson at the library for more information.
Planned gifts make a difference to the library. A planned gift is just that; it is considered and planned for by the donor during his/her lifetime to accommodate charitable giving interest as well as receive tax benefits.
There are several ways to make a planned gift:
• Gifts made through a will or trust agreement
• Gifting an IRA
• Gift Annuity
• Gift of a remainder interest in a personal residence
Most people consult with an attorney or a financial planner to facilitate making these gifts. One of the most common ways to leave a planned charitable gift to the foundation is through a will or trust.
Why consider planned giving? There are as many motivations for a person’s charitable giving as there are people; giving of your resources and time to help others is one of the most personal acts you can make. But while our giving stories are all unique, they likely share one or more of the following motivations:
• To help fulfill your life’s goals and passions
• To feel a sense of value and satisfaction
• To leave a lasting imprint on society while making a significant difference
• To unite family members around a purposeful mission
• To honor or memorialize a friend or loved one
• To give something back to a community
• To fulfill a responsibility or desire to be a leader in a community
• To connect with others who share our interests and passions
• To benefit from tax advantages
• To express gratitude or to say "thank you"
Cloquet Shaw Memorial Public Library Foundation, Inc.
Board of Directors:
Marla Ahlgren, Assistant Treasurer
Terry Anderson, President
Larry Anderson, Secretary/Treasurer
Anja Bottila, Vice President
Friends of the Cloquet Public Library
Pat Brandstaetter, President
Martha Alm, Vice President
Angie Bomier, Secretary
Larry Anderson, Treasurer
The Friends of the Cloquet Public Library is a committee within the Shaw Memorial Public Library Foundation whose members volunteer and raise funds for the public library. Please contact the Cloquet Public Library for a brochure to apply for membership in the Friends of the Library or click here to download: